Photo's of my new setup

nailartjess

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Jess :)
Here are some pics of my new axo setup, it has come a long way from my beginning setup in September when I got my axo's to start with all they had were river pebbles on a bare bottom with a couple of terracotta pots to hide in, I since gave my neons the boot when my ghost knife fish ate most of them and decided to give my axo's the luxury of the planted tank instead. Hope I get the tick of approvale ;)
miss piggy.jpg

axo tank new.jpg

new axo setup1.jpg

Nice tank set up i like it alot! :ufo:

Hello nice set up.:happy: I was wondering how you made the rock tunnel in the first picture? The tank is quite beautiful.

That is so beautiful!

-Eva

Love it. You're inspiring me to do more with my tank... and/or start a thread for it to get more ideas from folks whose tanks look as beautiful as yours. :)

thanx for all the compliments guys, unfortunately my black axo passed away a week before christmas as I moved away from my hubby for a week and he over fed them and the water went yuck and he got a horrible fungus. I am still trying to come to terms with that. I now only have the female. I am hoping to get some more soon.

I'm so sorry you lost your black one. Your gold axolotl looks absolutely gorgeous - I'm very envious.

Your tank looks really lovely. You've inspired me to roll up my sleeves and do some 'tank renovations' ;). I've been putting it off for too long...

May I ask what those plants are? They look nice and hardy (very pretty too).

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your loss :(

The plants that I have in the tank are wysteria, they are very hardy and java ferns. The java ferns are meant to be warm water only but I have found they are actually growing a lot better and faster in the cooler water.

Hey nice setup i just bought an axolotl yesterday with a new tank etc.

Its looking a bit bland at the moment just wondering what sort of plants

are appropriate to be put in the tank or what ones are in yours

thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back