Bueno

darwinthesun

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I am glad to have found this place.

I just adopted two adult axies this week, so I am happy to have a place to come to for questions. The tank I had for them was much too small (once I saw how big these guys were), so I set up another tank yesterday. It is pretty bare bones right now, but I am hoping to fancy it up a bit this week.

Is there a good place to post pics later for advice/comments/ect?
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!

You can post the pictures in the axolotl area. I´m sure al your doubts will be answered there by one of the axolotl gurus xD

Welcome to the forum. You should have a read through axolotl.org, if you haven't already. It is absolutely loaded with information! What types of axies did you end up getting?

Thanks. I did look through axolotl.org a few days ago and it was very helpful info.

I believe these are wild-type axies, one male and one female. They seem pretty healthy, although they do have a few "whitish" spots that concern me a tad. They aren't fuzzy and don't feel any different than their surrounding skin, so I don't think it is a fungus.

I was going to post some pics of this later too. Maybe they are stress spots?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back