Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello! from Richard in London

richard kingham

Reaction score
Hi John!
Great to here from you,and hello to everyone in Caudata.org.I'm a bit late with my introduction considering I joined two years ago.However,it's great to be a member of this wonderful website.Thanks go to my family for help with all this new technology.Some of us older ones find it a bit difficult at times. I'm sixty three now, I was born in the UK but I have an Irish side as well.My relations farm in Ireland was such a great place to observe wildlife as a youngster, so many frogs in those damp fields. Amongst my interests are; railways, the arts and most of all natural history.I have always loved amphibians and fishes. These days I specialize in newts and salamanders, with a particular interest in the far Asian forms. I very much look forward to contributing to Caudata.org.
Best Wishes,
Richard Kingham.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Nice to finally "meet" you, Richard! :happy: Look forward to reading more from you.

-Eva

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Richard, this is John Clare (I used to live in Bristol early in this decade and we talked on the phone several times then). I had noticed your username on the site for a while but it's great to finally welcome you!

firefly

Reaction score
Hi Richard - I only joined yesterday. I'm 60 and have only just started keeping FBN's. I received 5 eggs on Thursday from a lady on the RFUK and today one hatched out. The others look ready to go too. Like yourself I've always been fascinated by amphibians, & its brilliant that I can now spare time to my new hobby. It's great having a dedicated forum like this with lovely people who are all caring for these gorgeous creatures.

pinjohn

Reaction score
hi richard im so glad i spotted your name on the sight i lost your number several years ago and have greatly regreted it as i have on several occasions been in dire need of you advice and opinion my email address is johnmccann47@hotmail.co.uk hoping to speak to you soon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!