G'day from Brisbane, Australia

jarrennylund

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone

I just joined a couple of days ago and have been keeping an eye on the axolotl section ever since. I've been keeping axolotls for the past few months now, well just one axolotl now unfortunately, as one of them died shortly a few weeks after buying him due to him refusing to eat. My first axolotl is yellow and I named him Solo, the second was a speckledy blacky-brown and named Dr Pepper, but then renamed Diet Dr Pepper after his death (due to his lack-of diet being his downfall).

I'm currently setting up a new tank and cycling it as we speak so that I can transfer Solo over to it someday soon. I'm trying to make sure everything is right this time so that I don't have a repeat of the Dr Pepper incident and know that it will be safe to introduce a few more axolotls in the not-too-distant future. I'm sure I'll eventually get around to posting some photos...

Anyway, I thought I'd say hello...

Cheers
Jarren

Attachments

• IMG_8844.jpg
    IMG_8844.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 161
Welcome to the forum Jarren! What are the dimensions of the new tank?

The new tank is 90 x 39 x 46cm. I got it off eBay for the incredibly cheap price of $28. It's going to give Solo a whole lot more room to move (he's currently in quite a small tank (roughly 45 x 25cm-ish).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back