Question: Spray bars

kaylalouise

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

as you may know i have set my tank up and how have it running with the filter.

i have an in hood filter that feeds to water back into the tank by a piece that you could describe as looking a bit like a funnel.

so there is a fair bit of water movement around this area and as the water is not covering it (water level is jsut under this) it makes a fair bit of noise. pain when trying to sleep i discovered last ngiht.

i can control the rate inwhich the water is filtered howver when i set this to the lowest it is very quiet and then about after a minute its makes a really loud noise and then it goes back to filtering the water at a faster rate making more noise.

i went to look for a spray bar yesterday however all the ones in the shop were aquaone and my tank is from blue planet. they do not have a website set up yet but take you to master pet which is where i got my tank from so im going to speak to them and see if they have one that fits so its quieter and less water movement.

does any one have this type of tank or any one have some experience in making your own etc?

any help would be great

Hi,

the usable spraybars should be independent of the manufacturer - it is dependent on the diameter of the output.
Is this "funnel" removable or can you cover it with a piece of flexible hose / pipe? If so - you just have to find a spraybar that fits into that hose as well and then you can simply replace the funnel by the bar.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back