Setup for Pachytriton labiatus

Aitortxu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,
Could a pair of Pachytriton labiatus live well in a totally aquatic setup without any movement in the water? Because the setup is in a place without any plug, and becouse of this I can´t put filters, bombs or water oxygenators.
If it´snt possible, I am going to give the newts to another person.
Thank you very much, best regards.

It is possible, but for the newts not natural, so I shouldn't do it. Is there no way to get a long power cabel?

I wouldn't really set up a LONG TERM tank for any (semi /fully) aquatic animal without any effective filtration.

I can't give any species specific advice mind you, i'm still new to caudates :eek:

I wouldn't really set up a LONG TERM tank for any (semi /fully) aquatic animal without any effective filtration.

I can't give any species specific advice mind you, i'm still new to caudates :eek:

Yes it is possible to maintain caudata without any filtering, I even do, however this species unlike the other requires crowded waters, because animals are found in rivers! So Joost has said that it was natural for them!

I don´t use a single filter in any of my tanks...so yes, it´s VERY possible to keep many species, long.term, without a filter. In the case of P.labiatus, the requirement of a filter responds to the necessity of having a strong current, not to the necessity of filtering the water.

Ah, i stand corrected guys. Sorry :eek:

At least i've learned something new :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back