My new axies

ashie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is Emily's(my little sister) late Christmas gift we picked it up today...
She needs some fattening up and a name
PC300138.jpg

Then well I couldn't help myself, I should have just kept my eyes on the door and left...
But how could I say no:rolleyes:.. Also needing a name
PC300137.jpg

And here is everyone getting know each other:D
PC300139.jpg

You def. need to change the substrate you use. The pebbles currently with might be swallowed and possibly cause impaction, which is a big health risk for axolotls.

You also should have quarantined them for a bit before introducing everyone...who knows what the axolotls might be carrying. Better safe than sorry most of the time.

They were quarantined instead of me bringing the yellow one straight home because I had no where to have her separately.. The petshop held on to her for me for 3 weeks which also helped me too hide her.. I just had to pay little extra and she housed at the back of the shop for me...
But she claimed i had mentioned that i wanted two:confused:.. which I don't remember..

Sneaky lady. She could have fed the gold seein as you were payin for her to keep him for you! Looks very thin poor thing. The other one looks ok tho. Nice axolotls you have there. Congrats! Mel

I love the gold flecking on the wild type. Get rid of the gravel before they eat it and it makes them sick.
good luck with them

I have, I've now got 15kgs of gravel that I'm not sure what to do with :eek:

Do you have any potholes in the driveway that need filling in? ;)

Gravel is great if you have cacti, too.

I may be wrong, but I think the gold is actually a male. I hope Emily enjoys her new friend and that they all thrive for you.

they still have no names :(

if anyones got any ideas let me know

hi nice looking axies hopefully the golden one gets a bit fatter soon i have a couple of name suggestions:
Atari
Devon
Vida
Piper
Grace
you dont have to use them just a few suggestions i hope you find the right names soon im hoping to get and axie soon! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back