Rangen soft moist salmon pellets questions?

fbn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I was looking at the list (on this webiste) of foods that are fed to caudates. They recommend Rangen Soft Moist Salmon Pellets. My questions:
1. Where do you find them? I have looked at stores on line, but cannot find them.
2. Are they healthy for fire belly newts and readily accepted? The food list was for all caudates, not specific species. Thanks!

1. The salmon pellets (which are pellets made for commercial salmon farming) are available from 3 sources that I know of:
Michael Shrom http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/2474/michael.html
Ambystoma Genetic Stock Center
Ed's fly meat

2. Healthy, yes. Accepted is another matter! The only species I have that accept them readily are axolotls and Cynops cyanurus (blue-tailed firebellies). I think that other species could be "taught" to accept them, but it's never been worth the trouble to me.

You can buy these (or something similar) in the UK here: Pollywog

I had a bit of a giggle reading "specially formulated for aquatic amphibians".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back