Hi everyone im from New Zealand and hoping to get an axie

tonimeloni

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
hi everyone and im hoping to get and axie within the next month i think they are really interesting and all the photos ive seen they all look like they are smiling lol if anyone has any tips about axolotls and tank setup ideas i would love to hear them i have been researching all over this site and many other sites searching for info about these wonderful little creatures :D

:ufo:
Oh and i would also like some friends too ;)

i changed the colour :p

Last edited:
You are going to find plenty of information on suitable enclosures and tips for caring for Axolotls. Just search whatever you are looking for, and many posts will probably come up. Good luck and welcome!

thanks :happy: i have found alot of info but the more i get the more knowledgable i will be about axolotls

Ouch, my eyes are still hurting from that first post :p. Welcome to the site.

thanks, want me to change the colour?

Hi Ebonykrow,
im from the coromandel peninsula
where are you in NZ? :happy:

ohhhh cool i was originally born in Auckland but moved to the coromandel when i was 7 :rolleyes:

Now you just need to edit the title to "And Got an axie" :D

Re: Hi everyone im from New Zealand and have an axie

yes thats right!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back