Question: Plant bulbs - white fuzzy stuff.

Kib0y

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased some hybrid aponogeton and nymphaea lilly bulbs to put in my tank. I put them in my tank a few days ago. Not all of them sank to the bottom. I did some research on these bulbs to see why some where floating and a lot of suggestions said just to leave them in the tank to see if they will eventually sink. So today I took a closer look and noticed some white fuzzy stuff on some of the bulbs. All of the floating ones have this white fuzz and two of the blubs that did sink have it as well. I took the bulbs out of the tank immediately when I saw this. I don't know if this is a potential danger. My axies appear fine and healthy, water parameters are good. Any ideas to what this could be?

Attachments

• 0110001853.jpg
    0110001853.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,616
It is mold, and it's probably an indication that the bulb is dead. If you are reluctant to throw them away, keep the fuzzy bulbs in a separate container for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back