Bleeding gills/trauma

sarahgraham1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
sarah
Hey guys two days ago i noticed one of my axies had her fluffy bits on her gills bitten off. She seemed fine however.

Then today i woke up and she has once again been attacked, her gills are tiny stumps and she has no fluff left on them whatso more. Furthermore she is bleeding heavily from them. She wouldnt eat this morning and is looking really pale where she is usually a strong pink color.

I have moved her to the fridge, is there anything else i can do to help her?

any help would be great
sarah x

Thats all you can do for now. Continue to monitor. If the bleeding persists, please bring it to a vet.

thanks,

problem today she has developed a fungus on them!!!
since her gills have been attacked is it OK to salt bath her. I dont want to hurt her.

Is the wound site still raw and bleeding? Could you possibly post up a photo?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back