Hello From Vincennes

CosbyArt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I just signed on for the first time 5 minutes ago after getting approval, and thought I'd stop in and say hello. My name is Thomas and I live in Vincennes, Indiana USA. I am currently a university student getting my degree in graphic design. If your curious of what that is, or my work, feel free to visit my website at Thomas Cosby - Graphic Designer and Artist | CosbyArt.com.

I recently have gotten back into having an aquarium and had gotten two tadpole African Clawed Frogs for Christmas. I received them 2 weeks before Christmas, and sadly one died on Christmas Eve. The company I got them from Grow-A-Frog is replacing it as soon as the weather warms up a bit. The other however has grown-up and is thriving well as a froglet now.

I actually stumbled across this website from a link in another forum about live food cultures, and I am pleasantly surprised to see so many options in the classifieds section. I also learned about the Axolotl, and I am interested in possibly getting a pair (once I find out more about them and get another tank for them).

Here is a recent picture of my ACF frog
1-9-2010.jpg

Hey Thomas welcome to Caudata, I must admit, that picture of your African Clawed Frog made me laugh, it looks like it should have some kind of ponderous theme tune to accompany it. Gorgeous :D

Hey Thomas welcome to Caudata, I must admit, that picture of your African Clawed Frog made me laugh, it looks like it should have some kind of ponderous theme tune to accompany it. Gorgeous :D

Thanks for the welcome. That picture took awhile to get as he is often busy eating (using his hands to put food in his mouth), swimming, and playing the images are often out of focus. He is without a doubt a very active frog. The picture is one of my favorites, I think it shows him quiet well. :happy:

I do think a little a song to go with it, or even some wording would be a nice touch. I may have to see if I can get a better image and do something with it. :lol:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back