Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hallo from Capri (Italy)

zarina

Reaction score
Hallo to everybody!
I'm an Italian Miss who live on the beautiful island of Capri. I'm interested to any kind of animals and I live with a little zoo from dog to goldfish. :happy:
I work in a little advertisement magazines and now, from the windows I'm looking the gulf of Naples.

I found yours site by chance while I was searching notice about T. Cristatus.
I've a male by more ten years and I'm trying to offer it constantly better condition of life.

Sorry for my english, I've learned it just at primary school. :sad:

Kiwi303

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Zarina :D it's quite an international place :D

For primary school english yours is quite good :D better than a lot of those "translator" applications available on the internet :D

CosbyArt

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum, your English is better than several American students I have in my college classes. I understand having a zoo, it just seems to happen one way or another. I have a Shih Tzu dog me and my wife rescued, three cats (all of which we got one way or another as stray kittens), some African Dwarf Frogs, 3 goldfish, and 2 African Clawed Frogs (and various snails and such). :D

zarina

Reaction score
Thanks for yours warm welcome and for encourage me to write in English :kiss:

I'm just realizing that I'm in very good company! Me too have a dog (a Belgian Malinois) saved from dog pound, eight stray cats, two little parrots, three T. Hermanni, one T. cristatus and five goldfish, one of them is a very old comet, probabily seventeen.

My newt is colled Moulinex by a play on words, I'll try to explain: Trito (as an abbreviation of Tritone) is also a verb form that in Italians means mince... and Moulinex is a note brand of kitchen tools... quite crazy no?

petlover516

Reaction score
Welcome! Your english is great! Alot better than my french if I tried using my french in a french forum...

Nettuno

Reaction score
hi Zarina, has thought never about taking another triturus cristatus, and then to make to join them?
be a beautiful kind!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1