Axolotl missing each other?

jockey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
i know this is out of the blue, and some people might laugh inwardly at this but do axolotls share a sort of bond with each other? i bought a new female today (Lawliet) and she exhibits behaviour i've seen before that look close to an 'outcast' situation. Paolo is my largest female and is quite inquisitive and will walk up to lawliet for a 'look-see'. and at some point Quetzo and Paolo stay completely away from lawliet as if unsure. when Quetzo was unwell i took her away from the main tank (5 foot) and Paolo refused to eat and sat in a corner for 5 days. it wasn't until quetzo was slowly introduced back again did she gain her appetite and started 'playing' again. lawliet is the same size as quetzo and is safe from being eaten so im sure its not a threatening presence that's scaring both of each other away.

sorry for this.....

No need to apologize!
I understand what your saying though!
My Axie Sunny, had fungus and was put into a bucket for a week. He would float (he won't show stress any other way) if I didn't pop my head in every 20mins. So for a whole week i was up every two hours all through the night and didn't leave the house for more than 2 hours and he was fine!!

Hes refusing to eat, and would rather sit on my hand.

I know it's not possible to have an axie to axie and axie to human bond but some signs are there :D

i can not say for sure with axies but i think all things have a bond. last week my cockateil died he was about 10 years old but ever since his brother has not stopped whistling and for like 2 days would not eat. now he sits in front of the lil hanging mirrors and whistles to himself. i believe he is lonely and will be getting him a mate soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back