The old year is gone and the new is in, time to go back to the summer home

gcollin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
collin
Hey everyone, it has been a while since I posted on here. But it is nearing spring, and I am getting ready to move caudata back to his summer home, (30 gallon tank). But before I get the soil and plants in, I want to get the irrigation stuff set up (water drainage, temperature system, lightin, ext.). I am thinking that I want to try to make a rain system. I am happy when caudata are happy (by the way he is a tiger salamander his name is Cpt. Caudata). I was thinking a system like the one from arthur and the invisibles, if you have seen it then you know what it looks like. But if not I will describe it (i could not find any pictures from google or a video on youtube). It is like half a bamboo stick ( it was cut in-half so like a c) and he put straws all down the bamboo stick. I think I posted a photo made on paintshop. I was thinking this would be a good system, if I make 2 of these "rain makers" (i am going to call it a rain maker). If I put them side to side, and use a wooden stick (a flat stick or maybe a metal one) and attach it to the tops of the rain makers then I will make the stick long enough so I can take the lid of my salamander tank off. I can put the rain maker on, and then I will use some of my air hose to run a little tube from a gallon of water to the rain maker. Sorry I am really bad at explaining these kinds of thing, if needed I will repeat myself. If you have any modifications to this model or maybe a better suggestion please post it.
-Collin

Moved from advanced section~ Julia

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back