Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from portland, oregon

melwngr

Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't had any amphibians since I was a kid, but have always loved them. I am interested in buying a few axolotls and have joined on here to learn more about their care and where to buy them.
Thanks,
Melissa

lea

Reaction score
hi melissa

they have lots of info on the care of axies and they have a wanted section as well.

lea

tmarmoratus

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! May I ask from whereabouts Portland you hail? I spent a good chunk of my youth in Portland, and have a lot of family up there.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Melissa! I'm hoping to stop there on vacation in September. I want to go to Opal Creek and see the Portland zoo and see the Pittock mansion. Ever been to any of those?

melwngr

Reaction score
I've been to the zoo, it's really nice, especially the new Northwest area. Haven't been to Opal Creek yet, but from everything I've heard it sounds fantastic. Hoping to go there sometime this summer.

melwngr

Reaction score
I've seen that people are shipping axolotls and eggs, is this safe for them? I want to buy some but hate to think of them going through the mail... do they OK?

Thanks, Melissa

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!