Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello

dragonkawa

Reaction score
Hello. I had an albinos axolotls when i first started an aquarium years ago and loved watching him. I would really like to find another one. I live in Oregon and have been unable to find any in my area. Any suggestions on where i could find one in the salem / portland area?

petlover516

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There's alot of breeders on this forum-who knows? They're might be one right near you!

lea

Reaction score
hi dragonkawa
welcome to the forum....there is a wanted area so you might be lucky to find a place near you

lea:happy:

dragonkawa

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It looks like i need to post a few times before i am allowed to post in the wanted sections. For now i am watching the trade / sale forum. Not sure about raising eggs yet though. I need to get a food source for the babies before i think about getting any eggs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1