Bubbles coating tank

dbuckle2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I woke this morning to find the top of my axolotl tank's water surface is coated with tiny bubbles. I am worried why the bubbles are there. Yesterday I put a Jungle Correct PH 7.0 fizz tab in her tank. I have use the Correct PH product with my puffer in his tank and have never had a problem. Can someone please help?

Those bubbles appear because air is trapped by a fine layer of oily stuff. That layer is made of proteic derivates that come from the bacterial decomposition of organic matter in the tank, so in order to get rid of it you need to keep a tighter cleaning schedule, removing left-over foods and feces.

A quick note..just because some is safe for a fish, doesn't mean it's safe for an Amphibian. You should usually ask around here or check the label to make sure anything you put in your tank is Caudate friendly.

A quick note..just because some is safe for a fish, doesn't mean it's safe for an Amphibian. You should usually ask around here or check the label to make sure anything you put in your tank is Caudate friendly.
That is very true. Furthermore, aquarium products aren't required to list ingredients. And they rarely bother to tell you if a product is 'phib-safe. So in many cases it's impossible to know how safe a product is for our animals. That's why I try to avoid using almost all "products" for aquariums.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back