Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please read this thread is very important

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
How many of you already know my country is in mourning due to the natural disaster that occurred a few days in Madeira and killed 42 people. First of all, I take longer to say that I sympathize with the people of the island. However the main reason that led me to open this thread was my great friend eljorgo. There are 4 days that I know nothing of it. Only communicate through the net and I do not know for sure the area of the island it inhabits. Deducting not contact me because the whole island have been without power until today, I waited patiently for his contact. Power was restored today in the morning and news of it all. I am very worried! Please if someone was to contact him or learn something from him to tell me.
Jorge volta para nós, nós precisamos de ti aqui, este é o teu mundo!
Jorge back to us, we need you here, this is your world!
Ricardo Alves
Thanks everyone

Yahilles

Reaction score
I hadn't knew about any catastrophes on Madeira (i'm not watching tv... maybe that's the reason), last time i spoke to him was at 23 at night (in your region probably little earlier), 19 February.
I was sure i saw him logged in after that, so i wasn't worrying about anything.
I'm sure he is ok, there's no other option!

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as you can see by the pic, the island was not in very good condition, the streams when they increase the flow with the water of the rains usually do it there. It is not the first time this has happened throughout history!
Yes! We believe he is well, is a warrior!

Attachments

• madeira-carros162990f7_400x225[1].jpg
    madeira-carros162990f7_400x225[1].jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 160

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
Yes we believe that is it! The power has been restored in the city, however as it is the countryside is taking a little longer! That's what I hope will be!

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. I´m fine. Like Joost said and well we didn't had power for 5 long eternal days... My God. And i think it will go down again...Not very stable:( But I am much more concerned about other people here... many poor people don't have houses, lost their families (death number is not 42 but 97right now), goods, all island, specifically the south part is nothing but mud... Stores, malls, supermarkets are gone... But we hope Europe can share 20million euro to restore some parts... This Friday bad weather will come again, hope nobody dies and no more destruction happens. This... is just crazy here...confusion all over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!