I have found things (links) of what i'm thinking of using

#2 and #3 are good...not sure about crushed marble..i would just go with #2...silica sand is ok

That's in millimeters, right? Which is about 4 feet. I believe that would be suitable for three axolotls. You want at least 10 gallons per axolotl, but the more the better!

better be mm, cuz if it's cm that's a 40 foot tank lol. that tank would be fine, but if someone made it..i would be a bit skeptical

I wouldn't advise the marble, Marble is metamorphic limestone, Calcium Carbonate, and will slowly dissolve and increase the Ph levels.

Crushed coral sand is bad, and limestone if sedimentary deposits of coral which have solidified to rock, marble is limestone which has been subducted into the crust and heated by the mantle under pressure to form a different structure of the same consistuants. Much like coal and graphite and diamond.

As to the tank, checking back through past trades, he's been selling tanks for a while now, back through '08 when i stopped sampling his past trades, with excellent feedback, He seems on the level, and has even customised tanks according to the comments.

Shizeric? Where do you think tanks come from if not made? Grown on trees? From his past trades, he appears to be a professional glassworker, who better to make glass tanks?

Shizeric? Where do you think tanks come from if not made? Grown on trees? From his past trades, he appears to be a professional glassworker, who better to make glass tanks?

I hadn't checked at all into his past trades, so by being skeptical I was advising him to do exactly what you did...look into his history. I was suggesting this because when you are going to have a tank holding around 500lbs of water, you want to make sure it is well made.

And when I said "if someone made it..." I was referring to someone making these in their own shop, rather than a commercial company.

i bought exactly the same silica sand for my axolotl tank and my axie Rosie loves it :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back