Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi all

ginnafer

Reaction score
New here! My name is Ginnafer, I'm a college student and proud Mom to my boston terrier Rosco, bearded dragon Zeus, and a yellow spotted salamander Kratos. I've had Kratos for two months now, my boyfriends mom found him in a parking lot and took him home. A few weeks later she called and asked if I would take him because he wouldnt eat and she was afraid if she let him go he would die. He's been happily living in a 10 gallon with plenty of fake plants to hide in, sticks to climb on, and some dirt to borrow in. I have a 40 gallon I'm working on for him to live in so the 10 gallon isnt permanent.
He's been eating crickets and superworms, and weighs 21 grams. He doesnt really mind being held, but I only do that to feed him, I dont want to stress him too much.
The last is a picture of his tank, he loves that little stump in the corner and climbing on top of that plant in the other corner. I have a thermometer stuck in the corner of it now, not the stick on one. That was from fish many years ago :happy:

DSCI0247.jpg

DSCI0248.jpg

DSCI0320.jpg

DSCI0321.jpg

DSCI0323.jpg

ginnafer

Reaction score
Not sure, from what I've found online it doesnt appear to be illegal. I would need a license to breed them (no plans on that) but their not endangered or anything like that. He had been out for several weeks before I got him and not eating, so I was afraid if I just let him go he would die. I wonder if someone left him in the parking lot in the middle of town, it seems like an odd place for a salamander to wander, no trees, water, etc. That and for being wild, he doesnt mind being handled at all. He's a little calmer than by grouchy Beardie :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!