Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Rescued axololtl needs help

sosumi

Reaction score
I rescued an injured destressed axolotl from pet shop yesterday. He has lost a limb and wasn't moving to good, so I was allowed to take him .
He was looking good in his new home and seemed to be improving, but this morning he is not moving unless I touch him, even then its just a tiny fick of his tail. Now he is lying face down tail up. Is there anything any you think of that I can do for the little fellow.

sosumi

Reaction score
here is a pic of the poor little guy

Attachments

• baby axolotl.jpg
    baby axolotl.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 147
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1