Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Lifted tail?

axleandblacksel

Reaction score
:(hi everyone,
i think my baby is sick.
for the last 2 days his tail has been lifted, quite high in the air,
other sites said that he may be constipated and that he should be put in the fridge but i am unsure how i go about this.
should i put him in his small tank and fill it with water or should i put him in a smaller container?
i am also worried that it may be a bacteria.
can anyone help?:(

callina

Reaction score
Hi,

how old is your axie and do you have sand/gravel/stones on the bottom or is it a bare bottom tank? What are your water parameters?

Tina

axleandblacksel

Reaction score
hi Tina,
I dont know how old he is i rescued him, he is a fully grown male, i do have gravel at the bottom of the tank but i have never seen him eat it.
I have a 50 litre tank.
last night i cleaned out the tank and removed the gravel, i have put him in the frigde because thats what other sites recommended.
i also noticeds a small white sore on his tail. any ideas what may have caused this?
i did have other fish with him and i have removed them to another tank after they started eating his food. ( frozen blood worms, meat pellets).

axleandblacksel

Reaction score
feeder fish and 2 goldfish, i was told that he would/could eat the gold fish because they were quite small at the time but they started eating his food and are too big for him to eat now, they seemed fine in the tank together but i saw the goldfish attacking him ( his gills) and tha'ts why i have now removed them from the tank.
the sore on his tail is small and round, it looks white.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1