Silly Spike

K9skennel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
K9
still hanging out in his plants, with his face out of the water.
does this count as 'haul himself out'? he wont get on the stump, and his body is still in the water.
we took quite a bit of his water out and turned off the filter and i wonder if that made a difference.
I guess tomorrow or Tues we'll get his substrate in and he can be terrestrial.

when he sticks his face out, it looks like his throat is moving, like a frog does, is he breathing? almost looks like panting- that kind of heavy breathing.

is it safe to say he's A. mavortium? or too early to tell?
sorry the last one is so blurry, best i could come up with on a closeup so you could see his face.

thanks

K9

Attachments

• 100_1846.jpg
    100_1846.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_1860.jpg
    100_1860.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_1864.jpg
    100_1864.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 256
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back