Question: A little advise?

Axymoron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little advice?

I've just returned from a week skiing trip and my friend has been caring for my two axies.. Yesterday, in his wisdom, he has told me he went to a fish shop and got live river shrimp for them as a treat. He reckoned about 30 were in the bag.

Long story short my axies are now huge.. like pregnant huge!! Theres one or two shrimp still swimming about but are being ignored as if they're too full to move. They look happy but slightly porky!

Do I need to worry? They normally have earthworms or frozen bloodworms if I'm in a rush so have no idea about quantities of shrimp they should eat. By the looks of things they had at least 10 each overnight!

Should I put off feeding for a week to balance things out?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: A little advice?

No need to worry, just give them a few extra days to work off those treats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back