Question: Where to find axolotl friendly shops in London

hermes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Leanne
Hi there,
I'm moving to Camberwell in London in just over a week and was wondering if anyone knew where there were any shops where I could buy food for my axolotls around there. Things like frozen bloodworm, beefheart, krill etc? I also like to give them live river shrimp?
Any help?
Leanne

Hello, I live in Lewisham, There is a pets at home on the old Kent road I would think that is nearest to you they sell mealworms etc but only frozen fish, There is also a large pet shop in Ladywell near Lewisham you can get any food from them although I dont like to use them as they do not care for there Axolotl. I personally use two Aquariums In Erith for all my stuff, one of them sells Axolotl, I think they may breed as they always have the same colour wild type I know they sell cherry shrimp not sure about river.

Hope this is of some help PM me if you want to know any more.

Also there is a phoebes in Catford, they have tubafix, blood, daphnia, brine shrimp, glassworm, river and cherry shrimp and guppies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back