Anybody in South Australia?

StolleMan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Ashton
Was just wondering if anyone from SA could point me in the direction of an aquarium or pet store that are well educated on axolotls. The pet store near my house, where I got mine seem to be very vague and uneducated on axolotls. I'd like to find a place that I could liase with in the future.

I don't live too far from Adelaide, so anything on the outskirts is probably a bit far to travel.

Thanks in advance.

Hi StolleMan,

We're in Adelaide too and looking for someone that is knowledgeable. Plenty of places that sell them but very basic info. My local Aquarium store seems the best for info I've found so far (Reynella Aquariums on South Rd) but still very limited hence my posting in here now!!

If you find anyone better, keep in touch???

Leah & Justin.

I live in Happy Valley, so Reynella is just around the corner. I've found Hilltop Pet and Aquariums on Main South Road at O'halloran Hill to be very friendly and helpful. They don't know all there is to know about Axolotls, but I think they've been selling them for a while and do know the basics of caring. They have 4 in there at the moment.

May have to pop in to Reynella and have a look.

Thanks.

We're Morphett Vale and live within spitting distance from the Reynella store. The guys in there seem to really know their stuff with fish and their products, so far not too bad on the axolotls. I sometimes go down to the one at the bottom of Beach Road at Christies too though haven't been there about the axie yet - that was my next port of call.

Hilltop is OK in my experience with their knowledge but not great. They'll do what they can to help in most other respects so might need to go up there if the boys at Christies can't help us.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back