Urgent Please help needed!...

toxictart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking after my friends axolotl Peaches, i went out on the Monday & left some earth worms in the tank for her and my own, i also had my friend come in to feed them some blood worm's every 2 days, but When i got home last night i noticed some thing was not right all my light's where off all my electrical system's had shut down the back up generator thankfully saved my tempreture eel and my tropical fish. My axie's seem to be fine witch is very very strange i cleaned out the glass just with a sponge to get rid of the bacteria built up over the past few days from my tank and now my electricity is on again my axies are fine eating and very clean witch i find strange there is a small back up filter in their tank so i think that may of saved them, poor old peach's is not in a good state thought when i got home the tank was green and the water was looking like an oil spill i have cleaned the glass and the toy's of her home, also put a very powerfull filter in witch has cleaned it out nicely i took her out while doing this just a little worried putting her back in now it is so clean and the water has been changed shall i wait a while?

Re: Urganent Please help needed!...

Have you tested the water for ammonia, I suspect some food may have been left in the tank and 'spoiled' the water. Do a check on the water parameters.

i have yes i have cleaned out her tank and keeping an eye on her she went home last night and i hear she sadly died because my friend did not realise that she should not do a full water change the poor thing :(, i should of just kept her

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back