Parasites or senile problems?

Fer

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Display Name
Fenrhir
Hi eevrydoby I think i have a T cvristatus with parasites, wich is the right dosis of febenadzol for it? how many times and if you have something to add it'll be welcome :)

She floats every day and last week she eats and then regurgitate it. :confused: her feces are not brown they are green :S so probably she has internal parasites.

The other supposition is the old age that she has ( she is from '01) I think with 9 years is a bit old.
I forgot, one day she bit her tail herself two times :eek:

what do you think? senile problems or parasites??

I don't have an answer but I thought I'd bring this thread back to the top since you haven't gotten an answer yet and this being a pretty big problem.

thanks very much stanley when i see no answer i feel sad cause i aprecciate the forum and all the knowledge of the group :)

Talking about my problem, i hve given her soime salt bath 0,5% and desmineralized water bath( 2 or 3 hs aproximately). in terms of two days she began to eat without any problem and her feces were in a normal color and without any parasites. I have studied them 4 times till now and the results are NEGATIVE.

affortunately she is better again and i'm begging she get weight back ;)

if somebody wanna tell me something for the improvement of the specimen i'll be grateful.

I am glad to hear she is better. Have you had this animal since 2001, or did you get her from someone else more recently? Do you have several, or just one?

My suggestions would be to look hard at the basic care: diet and water quality.

I am glad to hear she is better. Have you had this animal since 2001, or did you get her from someone else more recently? Do you have several, or just one?

My suggestions would be to look hard at the basic care: diet and water quality.

hi jennewt, i get her from a friend , i have 2.3 cristatus but he is WC '01, the others are CB.

that's why i put her in another set up as a quarantine.

i'll post some pics when she get fat XD

thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back