Too much breeding?

sophie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little concerned about my poor female axie! she has laid 3 batches of eggs since the beginning of jan, we are getting a divide to split the tank. we are making sure her diet is the best for her to keep her going, i'm just worried o the stress its putting on her, also when we take out the divide will Alan have his wicked way with her again?
any advice? i tried google but no luck

Nothing "wicked" about it, a lot of people try darn hard to get their Axolotls to mate, just seem yours are more keen on getting the job done. Laying eggs can be stressful and pretty taxing on the female, and that many batches in a short amount of time will take a toll on her. Just use the divider, and if you want to find out what will happen if it's removed...then remove it. Odds are they will mate again when reintroduced though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back