Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Ideal Large Scale Breeding Set-up (How would you do it)

Canadian1973

Reaction score
I am in the process of designing and building a medium scale breeding set-up. It will everything from the eggs to the breeding adults.

I know many on here have bred and kept this species and I'm sure through trial and error made changes to their set-up that dramatically improves the care and husbandry of them.

I would like to hear your opinions on this (tank size, set-up, equipments, automation...). What have you done or what would you do if you could do it a second time around.

Interested in all feedback,

Thank you

Anthony

vladimere

Reaction score
hi what your actually talking about i accidently did while living in a sercurity complex all i did was i found a round fiberglass bath tub that was 3 meters across (it also had a step in it one of those tubes you receed into the bathroom floors) i put my gravel in the bottom of it after sealing up the plug hole. Drift wood my 4 axies thn a lot of creek weed(lil creek behind the flat) and in under a few weeks i had eggs eggs eggs eggs i couldnt stop them breeding at frist we used a divider on the step and kept the eggs there but we had to up grade after that so your idea is very pausable...... keep us informed

Aaron71w

Reaction score
would you be able to provide some im very interested in what it looks like

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!