Gravel

wendyatk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been reading various sites about the use of gravel or sand. We have gravel in our Axis tank and I have seen her pick a piece up but she spits it straight back and she has always done this.

Should i put sand in but if i do that means i will have to take her out of the tank to set tank up again wont it.

Have only had her a couple of weeks.:happy:

If she is getting it in her mouth, it's only a matter of time til some is swallowed...yes you will have to take her out while the substrate is changed, but you can keep her in any bucket or tub of water for whatever length of time it takes to make the switch.

What size is the gravel? If it´s small enough (only 1-2mm) it will be ok - no need to change it, it will pass through.

Tina

Have now removed the gravel as didnt want to risk harming axie so now have sand in my tank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back