New here

porkchop48

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I'm a newb :smile:

I have been breeding PDF for a while and have recently decided I want to take the plunge into Axolotls.
I was told this was a good place to start. Got plenty of tanks laying around so I hope this will be a fun adventure.

looking forward to meeting you all.

Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place to find out everything axolotl! If you have questions, there are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who can help!

Welcome to the forum.

Be careful porkchop, you may think you are just deciding to care for a new type of amphibian, but once you get sucked into the world of Axolotls, you just dig deeper and deeper. I predict you will soon have at least 40 axolotls, and you will be bankrupt from buying more and more extravagant equipment. You will replace your bedroom walls with giant panes of glass and convert your entire room into a giant aquarium. You will live on the street so you can admire them from outside, and your days will be spent scouring gardens for the "perfect earthworms".

You have been warned, entering the world of Ambystoma mexicanum is a slippery slippery slope.

Welcome!

Be careful porkchop, you may think you are just deciding to care for a new type of amphibian, but once you get sucked into the world of Axolotls, you just dig deeper and deeper. I predict you will soon have at least 40 axolotls, and you will be bankrupt from buying more and more extravagant equipment. You will replace your bedroom walls with giant panes of glass and convert your entire room into a giant aquarium. You will live on the street so you can admire them from outside, and your days will be spent scouring gardens for the "perfect earthworms".

You have been warned, entering the world of Ambystoma mexicanum is a slippery slippery slope.

Welcome!

Holy heck and I thought the dart frog world was addicting. This might be scary.

I already have a frog room and half the basment for frogs. Who really needs a bedroom anyways if this addiction is just as bad?

Welcome!!

I have also just taken the plunge into axolotls. I will be recieving my first pair on tuesday and I've already been obsessing over my setup for weeks! It is very addicting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back