Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi :)

Claire S

Reaction score
Hi

My name is Claire and I come from Wales in the United Kingdom. I have just bought 2 young Axolotls for my son Ethan for his birthday as he is keen to keep other amphibians like frogs and I thought these would be a good starter for him. He is DELIGHTED with them as they arrived today, he has a golden albino and a leucistic, we don't know the sexes. He hasn't named them yet as we are letting them settle in before he decides on names that suit them. These are for his 10th Brithday.

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions that we want to ask along the way, and I forsee him wanting salamanders as well at some point lol

We also keep reptiles, I have around 100 royal pythons, crested geckos and bearded & ranking dragons. Ethan owns 2 corn snakes and a female royal pyton. My husband and daughter just put up with us, but like all the critters as well :happy:

Hello from Claire & Ethan

wendyatk

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. You will find lots of useful information here on this forum. :happy:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Holy cow, that´s a lot of P.regius xDDD

Welcome to the forum, you certainly have come to the right place!!

Your son is a lucky lad, i had to sneak in my pets and lie like mad when i was a kid :p

By the way, i know it´s completely off-topic but i just wanted to say that i love the welsh accent, it kind of fascinates me :D

dragonlady

Reaction score
Hi, welcome! I thought I had a busy household!! lol

Your son is very lucky as I couldn't have anything that didn't have fur (except fish) when I was growing up!

How big are your new axies? You will find lots and lots of info here and helpful advice when you need help!

Claire S

Reaction score
It's never dull around here, that's for sure lol I was never allowed anything that didn't have fur, apart from the occasional fair ground gold fish lol

Axies are about 5cm at the moment, but I'm hoping that I can get them to eat well and be happy and gron nicely, looking forward to them being a bit more used to us, and a bit bigger, they are a little scarely at the moment as I'm freightened that we will do something wrong and break them lol

Claire S

Reaction score
I'm still trying to work out how to use the forum functions lol It's not like the forums I'm used to, so I can't figure out how to 'multi quote' so my apologies if I miss replying to anyone lol

Holy cow, that´s a lot of P.regius xDDD

Welcome to the forum, you certainly have come to the right place!!

Your son is a lucky lad, i had to sneak in my pets and lie like mad when i was a kid :p

By the way, i know it´s completely off-topic but i just wanted to say that i love the welsh accent, it kind of fascinates me

I LOVE my P.Regius, am sxpecting first bath of eggs for this season any day now :D

Both my kids are spoilt, though they both seem to think that the other is more spoilt lol

I don't always sound very Welsh, as I'm actually English, but I've been here longer than in England. We are also in South Wales, which is by no means as WELSH as North Wales lol I love the Irish accent and Italian, so your not alone lol

Hi and welcome. You will find lots of useful information here on this forum.
Thank you, I'm sure we will need rescuing at some point, and I love to read and research, and look at pictures lol Will get some of ours up soon hopefully, if only of the tank :D

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
To multiquote reply, click the " button on the bottom right of each message you wish to quote. Then click "Post Reply" at the bottom left of the thread. You can multiquote across pages of a thread - it remembers the messages you've selected, even if they are on a different page of the thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1