New tank, need suggestions on what to keep in it

Ellenamia

Reaction score
Country
United States
So one of our old office managers had this tank in his office and when he was let go, it was just left there. Eventually it was decided to get rid of it and thats when I stepped in and asked for it!

It is 55 gallons, already planted and has a water area with waterfall and filter. Since it's so huge I wanted to maybe keep multiple species or something really active so we could watch it a lot. Nothing has lived in the tank before, he just liked it planted and he had a Betta fish in the water area.

Any suggestions on species would be great. I'm pretty excited about it.

NewTank008.jpg

NewTank002.jpg

NewTank001.jpg

It would be a good setup for an Asian Newt, such as Tylototriton verrucosus or Cynops ensicauda. My personal preference would be Tylototriton kweichowensis, if you can get them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back