Hey from bethlehem CT

theshadow

Reaction score
Country
United States
high i'm chris from bethlehem CT. I've always done lots of hiking through the woods finding different types of salamanders and animals and latly I've been finding a salamander i can't identify. they're around 4-5" and black whith blue speckaling stricktly anlong the sides. the blue stands out on some and is very faint on others. I know there a blkue spotteds in the area but these don't largely resemble them any thoughts?

Not sure about your salamander question, but nice to see another person from CT!

Hi! Welcome! If you post a pic, somebody out here can probably id that guy for you!

Sorry I can't post any pictures the only camera I've ever owned is a disposable. But I've been looking on the web and am almost certin that they were jeffersons salamanders I found some pictures with the same speckaling on the sides.

Hi, I dont have a salamander answer either, I just wanted to say I live on the Kent CT border in Wassaic NY. I'm fairly close to you. Wish I could find some salamanders locally.......

All I do is walk down the same streams I fishand flip rocks. That and ask around I know of a couple vernal pools around Woodbury, Southbury and Southington just keep your eyes open best of luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back