Hey I'm new and need Axolotl help please!!

BreeZy16

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really want to get an Axolotl but I don't know where to get them and I don't know how much they cost.. Can someone please help me?? :confused:

hi breeZy16
welcome to the forum....someone who lives on your area will be able to help you with the info you need im sure. im sorry i cant because i live on the other side of the world.
lea

Hi BreeZy16,

I don't know what part of the US you are in but axolotls are illegal in CA and NJ. If you are not in one of those, there is a FS area if you scroll down the Forum Index page that could help you. If you need any other info about the care of axolotls, you can read the forums or go over to Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

If you are in the Midwest, there are some dealers who try to pass off tiger salamanders as "baby dinosaurs" and some mistake those for axolotls as they do resemble axolotls in their larval state. Do a search in the forum if you are interested.

Costs vary depending on the breeder and on what color you are looking for. Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back