Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
Title: AMPHIBIAN PAID INTERNSHIP
Agency:
Alabama A&M University
Job Description: An AMPHIBIAN PAID INTERN is needed starting August 9, 2010 for 7 months. Duties for the intern include the execution of a herpetofaunal study investigating the effects of forest management practices, as well as the collection of data on pool breeding amphibians at experimental forest stands across northern Alabama and southern Tennessee. In addition to the forest stands, the intern will assist with sampling of amphibian breeding pools throughout northern Alabama. The intern should expect to work in hot and humid weather and hike in mountainous terrain.
Qualifications:
Experience with herpetofaunal surveys is beneficial for the paid internship. Experience with adult, juvenile, and larval amphibian identification is also beneficial for the intern. However, some training will be provided. Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is preferred but not mandatory.
Salary:
$1000.00 /month (housing provided)
Last Date to apply:
June 15, 2010
Timothy Baldwin
E-mail: timothy.baldwin.aamu@gmail.com(Preferred)
Phone: 256-372-5991

So it looks like Tim's already looking to hire this fall's intern. If I haven't moved on to bigger and better things by then, I'll be the one training you :)

Untitled Document

Can I trade in my family and two of the dogs to get this position? I promise I will bring beverages!;)

Seriously though, if you are in a position to do so, apply for this invaluable work experience...and get paid to chase critters!

This is tempting me to put off my last semester to next spring.....

Chances are slim but I'll have to talk to my advisor, see what the plan would be like for me.

Oh Wow! This seems like a wonderful prospect to learn more about such wonderful creatures. I don't think that I am even remotely qualified for the position but I'll be sure to fill out an application. I would love to be a part of a herpetofaunal survey.

WOW! I am so excited to apply! That would be really awesome!.

Tim is currently conducting interviews, as our current intern quit last week (leaving me to do all the work myself!). So apply now if you're going to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back