Question: What parts of the body can axies regenerate?

WestTP94

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

When i picked up my axie from the store i realised he had an eye missing.
Is this a problem?

He is eating healthy appitite and his tail doesnt have the stress kink.
If it isnt causing him stress is he ok?

Thank you all
Tom :confused:

If he is showing no signs of stress then he should be fine and happy. :happy:

Eyes are one thing I can not imagine an axie could regenerate..... but maybe? Mine has regenerated his 2 front arms. One arm is normal... the other is smaller and has smaller toes. Usually when they regenerate, the regenerated part is not perfectly the same as it was.

I have read that they can regenerate their tails and pieces of their heart! Only time will tell if he can regenerate an eye.

My guess is that he will just be a happy one eyed little guy. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just below his eye socket there is a bulge just underneath it and it looks the right shape and size so perhaps at the store he has been subject to attacks from the other axies?

:errr:

Axoltols cannot regenerate eyes, but they have terrible eyesight to begin with, so I doubt this will have much of an impact. There won't be any difference in the behavior of a one eyed axie compared to an Axolotl equipped with both.

Very possibly an injury, it could be helpful if you can post a pic just to make sure nobody sees anything else going on there. Glad you rescued him!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back