Question: I have a few questions about the axoloti

marymoore

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So my question is, is it okay to put two adults in together i know as babies you can`t but i think i want to get two of them so when they get older i can put them in together so they are not lonely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I have a few questions about the axolotl

Yeah you can. It is best to introduce them with a divider down the middle of the tank, so they get used to each other, and when you feel they are ready, remove the divider and it should be fine :)

you can keep juveniles together if they are same size, I also think you can keep same size babies together too but don't hold me on that.
but with juveniles and adults, as long as your tank is large enough with visible barriers and a few hides Axolotl of the same size should be fine.....I think the guide is 2foot tank or so per axolotl

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back