Fighting Axolotls and Solitary Confinement?

kieva

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my axolotyls is bullying another of my axolotyls. He is biting his feet and shaking him violently. The Axolotyl being bullied is smaller the the other two (i have three in total) and he is quite vulnerable and weak. Do i seperate the bully or the bullied for a life in solitary confinement? The second fish tank will be smaller in size. I can't leave them together otherwise the bullied axolotyl will probably give in to stress or lose limbs in the process. He was injured when we got him and didn't get off to a good start, he's my favourite and i want to keep him safe and free from the menace and free from harm. Can't exactly take him out of the tank and give him a cuddle so how exactly do i make him happy again?

Thank you for your help and assistance with this matter.

Kind regards

L

Re: Fighting Axolotyls and Solitary Confinement?

Seperate them as soon as possible! Removing the smaller one would be the easiest thing to do.

Re: Fighting Axolotyls and Solitary Confinement?

What size is the tank you kept the original 3 in, and what about the tank you are moving him to?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back