Question: Help choosing species needed please

blazinhigh

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hey everyone.
I´ve just started a aquaterrarium project, where I plan to build approx. 1/3 land part and 2/3 water. I´m using a 85 gallon aquarium for the job with the dimensions 51x19x19 in inches (130x50x50 cm). The water part will be about 10-12 inches deep and the land part will have a place for heat/UV light if necessary and room for vegetation/plants. I have recently started this project and it is going as planned :) but know I need your help finding the ideal species to live in this aquaterrarium. I have considered a lot of different choices from turtles to newts but can´t seem to find the right option. I would like it to be (off course :) semi-aquatic and not grow very large so that there is room for more than one or two speciments. Also it would be great if anyone knows 2-3 species that can live together and also together with small fish. And it probably should not be the most difficult to care of. I will soon begin posting pictures of the progress in the pictures of enclosures... part of the forum if anyone is interested in seeing that :)
I will appreciate all help regarding this matter, so thank you in advance.

Talk to ya later dudes'

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back