Hoorah My family is growing by two!

DemonsAngel999

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tiffany Seal
I am sending off for two wild type hatchlings from slimer. I am SOOOO excited. I can't wait for them to arrive!!!! I've been showing off pictures of them all day. I'm certain my husband thinks that I've lost my mind but being the gentle giant he is he just smiles and nods. Lol. I feel like a small child waiting for Christmas, knowing that there will be a puppy or rather a pair of salamanders waiting under the figurative "Tree".

Any helpful tid-bits would be most appreciated, this pair will be my first.

How exciting!

Tip one - read up here.
Tip two - put a chair in front of the aquarium. It's more comfortable than standing there for hours. :D

-Eva

You got the axie bug. Got to agree pull a chair up by the tank. Me and my daughter spend ages watching our axies, they are so fascinating to watch.

Great news!

Blueberlin and Wendy have given you great tips!

I'll just add that you may want to get all your affairs in order as you may become so mesmerized that nothing will get done once they are here!

I am being fed intravenously and I have my kids set up with automatic feeders. My husband doesn't mind hosing me down once a week with the garden hose, but I think he's starting to resent the bed pans!! :p

I know you are going to enjoy them so much! It's so much fun to watch them grow (quickly) and their personalities develop! Enjoy!

P.S. When do we get to see them? ;)

Haha Shannon you crack me up:D

I can't wait to see pictures of the little wee critters when you get them! Don't be shy to ask any questions if you have them. You are going to have so much fun! A chair is a good idea, a comfortable chair, since you will be there for hours. hehe. I myself just have my axie tank next to my bed so I can lay on my bed and watch them. hehe. :-D

That reminds me of my first breeding session. :D I was so excited and so busy in watching the larvae, that I´ve even forgotten to eat. So I wanna give you another tip: Prepare food and drinks all around your chair for there´s no need leaving it. ;)

Tina (waiting for the first pics:D)

how cool......my husband still complains that he gets fed last......cant wait to see the photos...i love seeing the little ones
lea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back