Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New axolotl fan

rodentranch

Reaction score
I'm here to research as I hope to get axolotls some point soon.

This is a new direction for me really. At the moment I only have furry animals. It was whilst researching tropical fish that I discovered axolotls and I find them absolutely fascinating.

I look forward to learning from you all :happy:

DemonsAngel999

Reaction score
I'm glad that you've joined us here. I just recently discovered them myself. Lol. From one "Newbie" to another you'll find a mass of information on here as well as many Axie owners that have recently had clutches and hatchlings. I'm soon to be a new owner myself and I couldn't be more pleased with all the help that the people on here have provided. Best of luck to you!

wendyatk

Reaction score
Hi
Welcome to the forum. You will get tons of information and advice from the people on here. I am recently a new member got our first axie about 7 weeks ago and we have just brought another one -so be warned its addictive this axie keeping :happy:

lea

Reaction score
hi
welcome....you have found the best place to learn about axies.....the site has all the info you could ever need and if you have troubles the people are very willing to offer advice.
lea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1