Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Trip from TX to WI

shoegal

Reaction score
For those of you who have gotten to know me a bit during the past few months-
I wanted to give you an update on my axies and the move from Dallas to Northern WI.

This past weekend my 8 axies successfully made the 18 hour trip from TX to WI. My Mini Cooper was packed full of aquariums, aquarium supplies, and axies in Tupperware.

It was exhausting, but I am so relieved that they all made it safely!

lea

Reaction score
hi shoegal
that is a big move.....now the fun starts with setting it all up again....good luck....i hope you enjoy your new home
lea

dragonlady

Reaction score
lol - I somehow pictured you driving a VW Bug with the cutesy flower on the dash - wasn't too far off! Glad you made the trip safe and sound with the crew! :D

lol again - who are you kidding? No way there was room for anything else in that pregnant rollerskate once you got in with 8 axies and tank supplies! ;)

christen525

Reaction score
Mariah-

Glad to hear everything went ok. The two babies you sent me are doing great, getting BIG and looking more and more like their mom and dad every day! I promise to put up pics soon. Good luck getting everyone settled in.
~Christen

Tiffanymac

Reaction score
LOL at the mental vision of you in your stuffed mini Mariah~! :D

So glad to hear you all made it safely! :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1