Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newly converted to the joys of Axolotl!

Manifest

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been browsing these forums for a few days since I got my new Axie home. I'm afraid I am suffering a bit of new owner anxiety (myself and husband both) always checking on our new pet and making sure he/she is ok. I am fairly certain it's a she, but it's a bit difficult to tell so we called it Manifest. Señor/Señorita Manifest del Fluffygills the First, Esq. Or Manni. :proud:

Here's a little video :)

YouTube - Manni intro

4586135506_5cd2ea199e.jpg

4586151096_5a9eaf0f5f.jpg

4586151746_1f4bcd23c5.jpg

We're already contemplating getting a second Axie before Manni gets too big, and have just purchased a nice 3ft tank for him/her as the current tank is too small, stays too warm and would be better with guppies.

wendyatk

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Doesnt take long to get addicted to these cute critters does it:happy:

lea

Reaction score
hi welcome to the forum....she is very cute......where in aust are you from, im from brisbane
lea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1