Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from Missouri...

Joe Blecha

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Joe, and I am a herpaholic... Lol. Reptiles and Amphibians have been my life for well, my entire life. I have always just had "the bug". I field herp and keep/breed herps...

I knew about the forum but joined recently because I just got some Axolotl eggs and am in the process of hatching and raising them. I'm very excited because it's a species I've wanted since I was 10 years old! I moved to Missouri from California last year so I can legally have them now. I'll post some pictures when they're a little further along.

I'm interested in all herps but Newt and Salamander wise, I'm an Ambystoma fan...

Cheers,
-Joe-

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 160

dragonlady

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Forum from one of many Axoholics! You are going to be very busy. Check here for some great pics showing the development of axolotl eggs and yes, you definitely have to keep us all up to date!

bayhicoach

Reaction score
Hey, Joe - I'm in St. Louis and just got the axolotl "bug." I'm anxiously awaiting a shipment of eggs and excited to add these critters to my menagerie.

lea

Reaction score
hi joe
welcome to the forum....be sure to post some pictures of your new babies
lea

wendyatk

Reaction score
hi and welcome to the forum - best place to be is here:happy:

Joe Blecha

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've been taking pictures of my eggs daily for the most part. They seem to be developing well. I've started a microworm culture, am starting some brine shrimp today or tomorrow, and am expecting Daphnia in the mail to start another culture. I'm also in the process of building a "ghetto aquarium rack" to hold my ever growing collection of herps! I'm hoping I'll have enough live foods ready by the time my Axies are ready!

Dick, it's nice to see another Missourian on here! Keep me posted on how it goes with your eggs too!

Cheers,
-Joe-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!