Hi from Tampa, Fl USA

McAndrea

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello , I am a busy Mom in the Tampa area . I have been doing a lot of gardening this past week and found several fun animals in the course of my labors. I was able to ID most but came across a most curious critter. I searched all over the net and found that it is a caecillian. It is blue and about 4-6 inches long. Not really native to this area , or so the internet tells me. I have it in a jar in case it was bad to have in my garden . What should I do with it?

I think everyone here would love to see a photo of your mystery find.

As caecilians are not native to Florida I would encourage you not to release it again. I'm sure there are people on this forum who would take it off your hands or perhaps there's a pet store nearby which deals in exotics.

Welcome to the forum too!

I thought so. We will follow your advice. There are several places here that will place it. I will post pics soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back