Some pictures of my spiders..

kenn

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
In total I have some 60 species here, all from spiderling to subadultes to adultes..

I try togive them the natural habbitat and see how they grow and behave.
I'll try to update this topic very day :D

Enjoy the pictures.

First:
Brachypelma auratum
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10370-bauratum3.jpg

Chilobrachys fimbriatus
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10371-cfimbriatus2.jpg

and one of my favorites:
Cyriocosmus ritae
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10372-critae3.jpg

what lovely critters, i love arachnids because they were one of the first creatures (if not THE first) to walk on land.

Beautiful little creatures. I'd like to get some one day.

Beautiful. It's been a while since I've kept spiders and yours make me want to do it again.

they look very happy and robust. I like the photo with the web. I haven't had a large one in years, but I do enjoy macro-photographing the little guys in the garden and house. Here's a cool lynx I found yesterday and a jumping spider last week.

Attachments

• DSCN3952.jpg
    DSCN3952.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN3938.jpg
    DSCN3938.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 243
Thanks for the reactions :D

Here are some other pictures

Chromatopelma cyanopubescens
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10407-cpubescens3.jpg

Heteroscodra maculata
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10408-hmaculata4.jpg

Lampropelma violaceopes
kenn-albums-spiders-picture10409-lviolaceopes-kwaad.jpg

Angry

Oh my gosh....I should have clicked elsewhere!
That lastpicture is going to give me nightmares for sure. I'm not a spider person but the colors on them are pretty amazing when you look up close.

Kenn, again they are beautiful, I like the singapore violet there at the end.
Pete, lovely macrophotogaphy also. Somtimes the lil' guys are just as interesing to look at as the big guys. You just don't always stop and take a look at them due to their smaller size.

That Lampropelma violaceopes is a gorgeous species!
I only have a Grammostola rosea with severe personality disorders xD but i really like tarantulas..i expect in the far future i´ll end up getting more.

Thanx for photos, very nice.

Some pictures of my spiders.

Those are some amazing spiders.:cool: I'd love to see more pictures. How long have you had your spiders? I aquired three species for my eighth birthday. I only knew there common names, Mexican Red-Knee, Curly Hair, and Chilean Rose Hair. I only have the Chilean Rose left after nine years of having recieved them. I have a few pics in my album of the curly and rose hair, but the pictures are horrible compared to your beautiful ones.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/slimy2-albums-bugs-picture2438-sarah.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures and please share more.

Great pics. The only spider that I have now is a G. pulchra but I have kept a variety in years past. I once kept a B. smithi for over 20 years.
Chip

Beautiful animals. If one touches me I'm going to run away screaming like a little school girl...:D

:confused: You are afraid of spiders (I am too!)......BUT....you live in FLORIDA!!!! The creepy-crawly capital!! Oh, I bet you are a riot at a cookout!! :grin: :rofl:

Your spiders have nice vivid coloring! Although the brown one sitting on its bed of webs makes me flinch.

FLORIDA!!!! The creepy-crawly capital!!

On the contrary, spiders are usually not the first big bug to land on your arm or leg when stepping outside once the sun goes down in Florida! The west coast and it's deserts seem to have more native spiders, especially the large hairy kind (tarantulas eeek) !

I'd much rather get swarmed by buzzing dive bombers than come across one of those arachnids! :crazy:

I don't know. I've only been on the E. Coast and saw plenty of spiders! Not to mention palmetto bugs (the size of a small dog seemingly!), jurassic park mosquitoes, the wonderful "no-seeums" (as my Aunt called them - they fit through screen mesh), and of course, the "love bugs" in August! lol Sad part, though I am seemingly protesting, I would rather be in Florida than VA any day! lol

Besides, it's just fun to pick on Mac! 8P He's actually one up on me as I would not even look at the pics!!

Heh Shannon.... I've always liked odd pets....even if they creep me out sometimes. I kept mantids for a time.... but I could never get over the spiderness of spiders. I've used lots of insects as feeders... but Palmetto Bugs are just bug spray targets to me. I leave spiders alone as they are important.... but I don't hang with them. :D
Mind over matter.

Proudly presenting:
In March:
oauriotibialiscocon1403.jpg

oauriotibialiscocon2.jpg

Little one:
cocongrootte.jpg

NympheI about +/- 40
coconopen.jpg

Mammie
oauriotibialismama.jpg

Last week I put them all in boxes.. 45 of mean bastards :kill:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back