Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New member from Poland

Amphibia

Reaction score
Hi! I`m Wojtek and I live in Poland. I have Tylototriton shanjing (2.2.0), Plethodon glutinosus (1.1.0), Bombina orientalis (1.3.2), Bombina maxima (3.1.0) and one lizard - Physignathus cocincinus. My favourite amphibians are terrastrial salamanders but I would like to breed Lissotriton sp. and Triturus sp. or Ommatotriton sp. :D
Greetings to all amphibian enthusiasts :D

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
I like your animals, those are some great choices.

You might want to star with Triturus which are very easy to breed and raise, and then build up experience with Lissotriton (much more difficult), before you even consider keeping Ommatotriton. They are not easy newts.

uwe

Reaction score
and i would add for starter ones: Ichthyosaura alpestris (who ever made up this ridicolous latin name!)

Uwe

Yahilles

Reaction score
I'm glad you finally decided to show up here, friend!
Uwe, sadly here in Poland we can't keep any local species (even CB with papers), so Ichtyosaura alpestris are not possible to be maintained in captivity here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!